Safe Return to Gaelic Games – Update
We look forward to welcoming back all our players – men & women, boys & girls from Academy to Senior – to our pitches
The following changes to the return to activity guidelines are being made after recommendations made by the Covid-19 Advisory Committee
Return to training:
Adults Wednesday, June 24th
Minor and Juvenile from Saturday, June 27th.
Academy July 4th
Initially on non-contact basis (until June 29th) and on the understanding that players and all participants have completed the eLearning module and are following the control measures in place (health questionnaire etc).
From June 29th: Contact training and challenge games.
From Friday July 17th: Club Fixtures recommence
Before returning to training all players (and parents/guardians of underage players) and mentors or anyone attending training or games must complete
- The GAA Health Questionnaire (which can be found here https://returntoplay.gaa.ie) which takes about 5 minutes to register and complete. A User’s Guide is attached below.
- An online education module from the GAA (which can be found here https://courses.gaa.ie/Covid19ClubEd/#/) which takes 20 minutes. A screenshot of the certificate of completion of the module must be sent to the Covid Supervisor.
The questionnaire will only need to be completed once. It can then be updated by logging in and clicking renew each time before attending a session in Sarsfields (training or match).Everyone attending a session must first complete the Health Questionnaire before returning to Gaelic Games (and renew for subsequent sessions). This includes a parent or guardian of a young underage player who intends to be on the pitch for the session.
Underage players must have a parent/guardian complete the Health Questionnaire on their behalf.
While normal training and contact will be allowed on the pitch, social distancing and hand sanitation must be maintained off the pitch and the session will be “getin-train-get out” until further notice.
A traffic and access plan has been put in place for all 4 pitches with hand sanitation stations available at the entrance to each pitch.
There is now a section on Covid 19 Roles & Responsibilities (which can be found at learning.gaa.ie) containing the following documents:
- The GAA Guidelines for the Safe Return to Gaelic Games (Updated v1.3)
- The Sarsfields Protocol for the Safe Return to Gaelic Games
- Guide on Dealing With a Positive Case
- The individual responsibilities of all parties involved in the Safe Return to Gaelic Games:
- The link to complete the Health Questionnaire electronically
- Covid-19 Health Questionnaire Release
- The link to the GAA Safe Return to Gaelic Games on-line educational model
- Click here to view the GAA Safe Return to Gaelic Games Webinar(s)
Further information can be found at https://learning.gaa.ie/covid19
We will notify all coaches & supervisors/covid supervisors/players, parents & guardians/members and when there are any changes by ClubZap and social media as and when there are any changes/additions to this information
If you have any questions or concerns you can contact the Covid Supervisor for your (your child’s team) or the Covid Officer Ollie Ryan (086 264 1115 or email@example.com)